Birth certificate of Dhanush is fake, claims elderly couple

Posted by DM, 12 Feb, 2017

An aged couple, who have claimed that popular actor Dhanush is their son, have accused him of producing a fake birth certificate before the Madras High Court bench here to get their case pending before a lower court at nearby Melur quashed.

In their counter affidavit before the Melur Judicial Magistrate on Wednesday, R Kathiresan and Meenakshi submitted that they could prove their claim that Dhanush was their son, if the trial was conducted.

Dhanush, son-in-law of superstar Rajinikanth, had moved the Madras High Court bench on January 25 this year, seeking quashing of the case filed by the couple.

He had also sought a stay on the proceedings pending in the Judicial Magistrate’s court.

The couple had claimed Dhanush was their third son and also sought maintenance of Rs 65,000 per month from the actor as they could not fend for themselves.

They had submitted that Dhanush was a schoolboy when he ran away to Chennai to get into the film world. They could not trace him then and recognised him while watching his movies, they said. Their efforts to meet him at Chennai had failed, they added.

Dhanush had earlier denied their claim and accused the couple of trying to “blackmail” him.

He had also produced a birth certificate which stated he was born on July 28, 1983 at the children’s hospital at Egmore here and that his parents were Krishnamoorthy and K Vijayalakshmi.

Though his name had not been mentioned in the certificate, the actor said he was given the name R K Vengadesha Prabu.

A gazette notification issued to change his name as K Dhanush was also produced in the court. In their counter filed on Thursday, the couple submitted that Dhanush was born at Government Rajaji hospital here on November 7, 1985 and his name was Kalaichelvan.

He had studied in Madurai district till the 10th standard. He was admitted to a private school at Tiruppatur in Sivaganga district, they said.

He later dropped out of school and went to Chennai to act in films, the couple claimed. (PTI)

 

loading...
NEW GEN

SivaKarthikeyan- Ponram new movie flagged off

The combination of Sivakarthikeyan and Ponram infuse a smile with expectations among the audience and feel of identifying a winner among the trade circles. We are initiating a shooting schedule of 30 non stop days in and around Tenkasi .The location plays a major part in scheming such a script and here we are to shoot the film. Samantha plays

Director Anil Sharma says Baahubali 2 has not broken any box office record that Gadar had.

On being asked the same question again and again, the director said: ?Please don?t frame me in all these things. If some good film comes, records would be broken. And as far as Bahubali 2 is concerned, it has not yet set any record. As mentioned, Gadar had done a business of Rs 265 crore in 2001 when the ticket rates were Rs 25 only. As per valuation, it is Rs 5,000 crore today

Sangamithra first look revealed

Sangamithra was launched at Cannes Film Festival 2017. Actors Jayam Ravi, Arya and Shruti Haasan have been roped in to play the titular characters Sangamithra, which is being produced by Sri Thenandal Films. The makers of the film have launched the first look posters of Sangamithra featuring Shruti Haasan and Arya.

Baahubali 2 becomes first Indian film to gross Rs 1000 crore at the box office

Baahubali: The Conclusion released in five languages - Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi, across 8,000 screens in India. The film has made over Rs. 800 crore in India and more than 200 crore in the international markets, tweeted Mr Bala. Baahubali: The Conclusion not only received a bumper opening of over Rs. 100 crore (all versions put together), the film also made over Rs. 300 crore in its first weekend.